Why Choose Animal Orthopedic Center?
Our surgeons are board certified, and all our nursing staff are RVT’s.
Our ORs are designed for orthopedic surgery, and only orthopedic surgery with infection risk reduction a guiding principle.
- Positive pressure prevents outside untreated air from entering the OR
- Laminar flow to prevent turbulent air which can cause contamination of sterile areas
- UV disinfection of incoming air
- Disinfected between each surgery
- Weekly fogging
- Heated tables and warmed air blankets to prevent hypothermia
- Same sterilization protocols as at human hospitals (double pouching, sterilization indicators inside packs, double wraps, daily autoclave verification tests)
- Spacious ORs with superior, shadowless LED surgical lighting
Our anesthesia equipment is superior for patient safety.
- Latest monitors, including capnography, doppler and oscillometric blood pressure, Pulse Oxygen, ECG, core body temperature monitoring
- Cart based anesthesia, so the equipment and monitors travel with the patient, no disconnecting and interrupting anesthesia during transport
- Fluid line warmers to prevent hypothermia
Our anesthesia procedures are the most up to date.
- Only highly experienced RVT’s monitoring anesthesia
- Multi-modal anesthesia, including CRI’s to minimize anesthetic risk
Our pain management protocols are at the highest levels.
- We use class II narcotics with most surgery (hydromorphone, Fentanyl, hydrocodone) instead of the more common, less effective class III
- All patients receive Nocita, which provides 72 hours of complete local analgesia
- Most patients receive NSAIDs with surgery, which decrease inflammation and pain
No infectious disease or sick patients.
- All of our procedures are only performed on healthy animals
- We do not house infectious or sick patients in our facility
- Our ORs are not used for surgeries where contamination occurs
- All patients receive a new, sterile endotracheal tube with general anesthesia. We do not reuse tubes between patients
Unlike other practices, we designed & built our facility specifically for orthopedics to minimize the risk of complications.